Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ass-Kick!

How ironic that my first real post not be about WoW. Today I saw the movie Kick-Ass, and, well, the movie is exactly what the name says it is.

When I first heard about this movie, I felt that it was a pretty decent idea to base a movie off of, however I had many doubts about if it would actually be good. I mean lots of movies sound great from the trailers and reviews, but then you basically pay 10 dollars for a two hour nap. I thought this movie had a lot of potential, but I was very worried it would not be done well or properly.

I was wrong.

This movie starts out as stupid, funny, and just utterly ridiculous. However by the end, it turns epically serious. It was personally a very enjoyable movie for me because as a child, I would day dream the days away with stories in my mind of how I would one day be a super hero and save the day... and to be honest, I still do >.>. This is exactly what this movie is. A regular nerd, like myself, who one day decides to put on an oddly coloured wet suit, and attempt to fight crime. He has no powers, no abilities, just the will to be a hero.

For those of you who have seen it, YES Red Mist's costume IS awesome and YES, Hit Girl IS my f***ing hero...no joke. Surprisingly though, this movie has a few morals that I personally loved, in all seriousness. The message I enjoyed the most, was near the beginning when Kick-Ass was defending a guy who was getting the crapped beat out of him 3 against 1. I won't ruin this moment, just know it is epic and also very true.

I shall not spoil anymore of the movie for you (if any) readers, obviously not everyone will like this movie, that is impossible. But if it is the type of movie you think you'd like...for anyone who's ever dreamed of being a super hero, and for everyone who still does, you will enjoy this movie.

Also, a bit of an update: The new template I am very happy with, although it has come to my attention that not all templates are able to support custom banners, so I may have to switch back, because the lovely Cyphale has made me an extremely Kick-Ass (haha i r funneh rite?) banner that I plan to use. Also coming soon, a profile picture and, videos! (I hope) so stay frosty!

No comments:

Post a Comment