Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Wakey wakey Alan Wake

I know, I know, clever title, I'm a genius.

After a long wait The game Alan Wake comes out in just a few weeks, 20 days from now to be exact. If you're an Xbox owner and you haven't heard of this game, get the f*** off my blog.

I kid.

If you haven't heard of it, Alan Wake is the newest game from the game company Remedy. Yes, the same guys who made the Max Payne series. This game is under the genre of "Thriller". Its about this guy, yep, Alan Wake, who is novel writer. While writing his most recent book, he develops a case of writers block. His wife decides it might help to take him on a vacation to small town named "Bright Falls". Sounds cheery. However not long after they get there, Alan starts living a nightmare.

His wife gets kidnapped and Alan of course sets out on an adventure to find her. We know little right now of who took her and why, but what we do know is that by day, the village is a normal place, but by night, something weird takes over the town, and turns the townsfolk into weird monsters that want to kill(?) him. Along the way, Alan starts finding pieces of his book, parts that he doesn't remember even writing, and they start to come true in front of his very eyes.

What we know of the game play as of right now is something I find very interesting. By day, you will travel around the town attempting to solve the mystery about this weird town, and your wife, and by night, you will venture around in the darkness, and will have to combat against the villagers. We will be able to do this by first burning the darkness off of them with some sort of light source, (I.E. flashlight) and then shooting them with our gun.

Now what I personally find exciting about this game is that it might finally be a contender for the crown to my all time favourite game. The current holder of this title is the PS3 game Heavy Rain. I myself, am currently an Xbox man. So it pains me very much that my faveourite game is Heavy Rain, this is why I pray Alan Wake will finally defeat it. I love Xbox, but there has never been before a game like Heavy Rain, nothing like the game play, the story, the choices, nothing. Heavy Rain was a personal 10/10. Please Alan Wake, be 11.

With only 20 days left on the clock until its release, I am eagerly awaiting to bring it home on the 18th of May. Will it be better then Heavy Rain? or will I still be forced to utter that my faveourite game is for the PS3? All questions will be answered when Alan Wake wakes up in 20 days. Stay Frosty!

No comments:

Post a Comment